Wednesday, May 14, 2008

It had to happen eventually......

That's right. Bullpen Status is now officially a blog. What began as a small FYI piece in Gameday Threads on the Yankees group in Facebook has resulted in an entire website dedicated to those mysterious animals known as bullpen pitchers.

Now, don't worry......there will be more than just status reports on the Yankees' bullpen. I will also be looking at the farm system, as well as more generally analyzing the Yankees' MLB squad and MiLB teams. To quote a fellow blogger who shall remain nameless (but who resides at Pending Pinstripes), there is no need for me to reinvent the wheel when there are sites out there already doing a fantastic job. But I will still chip in with my 2 cents when it's warranted. And so far this season, there has been no shortage of stories. From angry owners to fist-pumps to drawing boos because of the number you wear, it's been quite a year for the New York sports media and the sports blogs.

Ideally this blog would have begun at the same time as the season, but hey, better late than never.

Even though this is technically my inaugural post, I plan on writing a more official introductory post, explaining the reasons for dedicating a blog to a specific role player on baseball teams. Trust me, I know it sounds crazy...and what's next? A blog dedicated to utility players? I can see it now.....exposes on Brandon Inge and Ryan Freel and a technical analysis that predicts where they will play on a given evening.........given the range of blogs on the internet, I really would not be surprised.

After that I'll be continuing my daily Bullpen Status updates (using the same format I used on Facebook). Beyond that, well, we'll see what happens. In any case, it's good to finally join the blogosphere.

No comments: